Wednesday, July 23, 2008

writing, art, climbing etc.

I noticed today that most people write blogs about the main focus of their work or their life. I read alot of tech blogs for work. I have not been blogging about my main areas of expertise and focus lately, writing and art. I don't really like to, for one thing, and there's not that much to say really even when I am writing or making art a lot, which is not the case right now. I have been focusing most of my energy on my new job these last few months and a. marathon training and fundraising b. socializing c. moving. All good stuff but it's time to get back to writing and art, and climbing too.

I bought a new fancy notebook yesterday and starting writing in it. This is an important part of my process, not just in terms of working on novels but also art, life, etc. I have been keeping a journal since I was in high school and although I don't call it that, my notebooks are the equivalent and have been since I started writing poetry and fiction more seriously in 1987 or so.

I think I am starting to rewrite a novel that is fairly big, called living in the ice age, definitely sci-fi, and also working on the rough draft of another new novel. and looking for an agent/publisher for my second novel, in the flat field (formerly called daydream nation).

I picked up a book on training for climbing that is very good. I need to get some cheap thrift store furniture for my new art studio and I will be ready to rock there.

It's a good thing I don't like to relax or do nothing, per se, as I have no time for that. I do things that are relaxing, healing, rejuvenating, etc. so I am set.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
super-knowledgeable good writer, thinker, maker. likes working with people on doable, successful projects.