Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Marathon Fundraising with Art for You

So I am almost ready to do the marathon here in San Francisco Aug. 3. I am ready, probably, and ran 20 miles on Sunday and felt pretty good. I have raised over $900 which is great! Thank you to everyone who contributed! The Aids Marathon and SF Aids Foundation are a great cause. Unfortunately for me I agreed to raise $1800 by June 1, which means that the balance, about $900, has been deducted from my checking account. I agreed to these terms, but it does put some pressure on me to raise funds quickly which will be reimbursed to my account.

So what I am going to do is offer my art! Anyone who makes a contribution to my aidsmarathon page via credit card or directly to me via check/cash can choose a work of art from my online portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/keatts/sets/1600926/

or another piece they have seen that they like. I will even do a commission if it is within my ability (I don't paint realistic portraits etc.).

Donate here: http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=SF-1085&Year=2008&EventCode=SF08

So please check out my images on flickr, stop by my studio or my new apt, and tell me what you want. Let's raise some money!

Obviously anyone who has already made a contribution can also choose something. Thank you very much for your help! Also, I don't mind making a contribution of about $100, so I hope to raise $800 more in the next few weeks.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
super-knowledgeable good writer, thinker, maker. likes working with people on doable, successful projects.