Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sartre and music

Bought a new book, very excited, Sartre's "Critique of Dialectical Reason Vol. 1". I had a gift card for Borders so I grabbed it. It seems to deal with ideas around revolution, including the French Revolution, which I would like to write about, as well as 20th Marxist revolutions and related ideas.

Saw Teri Falini again tonight, chatted with her and her guitarist Mark Caputo who is great and had some interesting thoughts on music and some interesting stories. One of his bands opened for Roxy Music on their Avalon tour, and as a result he got to meet XTC when they were recording Skylarking in San Francisco. Is that cool or what? The other band I heard tonight was good, kindof Primus-like but in a good way: Bill Nayer Show is bass, drums, and electric autoharp. They have been around for a while. Good stuff, probably influenced Primus for all I know.

I am a bit wired, but I think Jean-Paul will help me sleep.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
super-knowledgeable good writer, thinker, maker. likes working with people on doable, successful projects.