Friday, July 22, 2005

A Dharma talk on the teaching of Chan Master Yunmen

When I was living in Ohio, I had a dream about my Zen teacher's house, and a book about Chan Master Yunmen was in the dream. I told Tim and he said I could borrow the book, which I still have, years later. I have been reading it again, starting last night while feeling lonely or having a problem with my "self". This links points to a Dharma talk that seems very good, definitely pointing out Yunmen's distinctive style. This brings me back to my roots in Zen which were the koans of Zen Flesh Zen Bones. They made "sense" 20 years ago and have a "deeper meaning" today. They are the bomb.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
super-knowledgeable good writer, thinker, maker. likes working with people on doable, successful projects.